When hiring models for your modeling or advertising campaign, there are a few tips to keep in mind to make sure you find the best model for the job.
1) The right price may not be the right model. When looking for a rental model, the price must fit your budget. However, you need to make sure that the price you pay for the model gives you the model with the skills you need. You can certainly pay less for a less skilled person, but this will be apparent when you’re struggling with poses for your shoot or if the model can’t remember the required product information.
2) Use a modeling agency. An agency may cost you more, but you are sure to get the best possible person for the job. Agencies have the time and skills to ensure each portfolio fits and is true to the rental models. Using a modeling agency can also ask the agency for another model if the first one doesn’t meet your requirements or performs poorly. Desk models are also better trained to do exactly what you want them to do.
3) Timing is essential. Don’t jump in two days before your promotion and hire models. Please make sure you engage them with enough time available to train and study the materials they need. Ensuring your models are properly trained will ensure your campaign and promotional stint is a huge success.
4) Keep your main goal in mind. When looking at rental models, keep your main goal in mind. The best-looking, most expensive models can be detrimental to a campaign with average-looking customers in mind. It would help if you chose models that increase your customer’s self-esteem while still creating a sense of quality around your product. Another aspect that goes hand in hand with the main goal is the location and the products you want to sell. Pretty girls will do well if your ROI is based on young men, but you should keep in mind that some of those young men may be married or in a relationship. Beautiful models can damage your product image if the rental models cause a broken or damaged relationship.
5) Explain what you need. When dealing with an agency, you must give them a full overview of exactly what models you need and what other skills you want. By giving the company a full description, you can find rental models that have your job in mind as their main focus area. Another great advantage of using modeling agencies is that they take care of the legal aspects of hiring models for photographic and promotional purposes.
Ellie works for Models Direct. Models Direct is the leading modeling and talent agency, helping clients in the film, TV, fashion, advertising, and catalog industries find the models and talent they need every day.